i can’t do another funeral. too many in one year.
it is selfish to say but i’m not ready to say goodbye.
When he was 18 my father wanted to join the Marines. Unfortunately he had kidney stones, which would disqualify him. He wanted to go to Vietnam with his brothers so he went to the recruiter near him. They turned him away because of his kidney stones. After being turned down from the Marines you know what he did? He didn’t take “No” as an answer. He went to Boston and tried enlisting up there. They took him in a heartbeat. I keep telling myself this story hoping, and praying, that I can get to where I want to be. That I can achieve all I want to by this time next year, because “No” isn’t good enough. “No” isn’t a complete answer. If anything I need a “No because of xyz” not just another door slammed in my face.
I will not settle for being mediocre. When I was little I told my mother all I wanted to be was mediocre, nothing special, no one worth mentioning. But now I want to be someone, do something. I want to be happy. I want to do well. And I want to get to all of my goals. I want that. I want better.
Don’t settle for less.
Pros of dating me
- i’m rly soft and squishy
- i’ll make you hot beverages in bed
- i’m good at compliments
- you’ll gain lots of dorky pet names
Cons of dating me
- zero i am a goddess
- Obtain a significant other from a country that doesn’t sell Toaster Strudel
- Marry them and start a family
- Offer to make your fam breakfast every morning
- Make them strudel with no icing
- They’ll have no idea Toaster Strudel even come with icing
- Take all six packets for yourself
- Avoid making eye contact with your reflection in the mirror for the rest of your life because you are a monster
I don’t care if this isn’t your blog type, if you don’t reblog this I’m judg-